South Yorkshire, England
£8 - £10 per hour
8 months ago
Sellick Partnership are working with a large and successful Local Authority in the South Yorkshire area to recruit for an interim Finance Officer. This will be to cover Maternity Leave within their Adult Social Care team, and is a crucial role within the Directorate. This contract will offer longevity, competitive rates and a fantastic challenge.
Duties & responsibilities of the Finance Officer:
- Assist in providing support across 3 main functions (pay, payments and reconciliation), covering payroll, trading services, payment processing, premier supplier scheme, financial assessments, VAT returns, BACS processing, bank reconciliation, insurance claim handling, pensions and statistical returns
- Input, check and maintain accurate records using corporate electronic systems and spreadsheets
- Using financial systems to undertake financial administration, such as processing payments and reconciliations
- Undertake duties whilst dealing with interruptions, queries and conflicting demands arising from customer queries and requests, ensuring strict deadlines are met
- Undertake telephone duties, dealing politely with customers, providing them with information and guidance
The successful Finance Officer will have:
- Accounts Payable experience
- Previous exposure to a Finance function
- Experience of working to and meeting strict deadlines
- Good working knowledge of computer based systems including Microsoft Office
- Good communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively in both written and verbal formats with members of the public, other employees and external organisation
If you feel your experience matches the above criteria and are interested in this role, please send your CV to Liam Cox at Sellick Partnership or give me a call for a confidential chat.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultant boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you.