£28000 - £30000 per annum + plus benefits
9 months ago
£28,000 - £30,000
Finance Officer required to join a rapidly growing housing company based in Liverpool. My client is looking for an enthusiastic individual who is an experienced Finance Officer to join their dynamic and growing finance function in one of the most established housing companies within the North West on a fixed term, full-time basis.
As the Finance Officer you will be working with the Management Accountant to deliver a first class operational finance function. You will work within a team carrying out varied duties including reconciliations, payroll, budget reports and VAT returns alongside other duties below:
Key responsibilities of the Finance Officer
- Providing support to Management Accountants.
- Assisting in production of management accounts for service areas.
- Setting and issuing timely budget reports and budget preparation.
- Preparation of group & individual entity cash flows and explaining variances to actuals.
- Supporting calculation of annual service charges- drafting the shared ownership and leaseholder accounts.
- Support year end process and audit and production of statutory accounts.
- Ensuring correct accounting of Group's development program, component replacements and other fixed assets and investments.
- Support finance team and assisting during high workload.
Required skills and experience of the Finance Officer
- AAT qualified/ Part Qualified Accountant or studying to obtain higher Accounting qualification.
- Experience working within a finance team.
- Pragmatic approach to delivering first class financial services.
- Understanding of fixed and variable service charges and implications on lease.
- Knowledge of reporting systems such as Microsoft Excel.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.8
- Excellent analytical problem solving and organisation skills.
- Self-motivated demonstrating drive and positive attitude to customers.
- Experience working in the housing sector - advantageous.
- Understanding housing finance and regulatory compliance - advantageous.
This is fantastic opportunity to join a well-established housing company with unrivalled opportunities. Our client also offers excellent pension, healthcare and work loan schemes as well as an annual bonus.
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience for the Finance Officer role, please apply now, or contact Chloe O'Brien at Sellick Partnership.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.