Durham, County Durham
£15.00 - £16.00 per hour
0191 261 8585
Sellick Partnership are currently working with one of the North East's largest housing associations to recruit a Finance Officer for a 6 month temporary contract. The Finance office will be working from home however may be required to travel to the office for meetings.
As a Finance Officer, your responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- To prepare allocated accounts across the business for reporting to budget managers,
- managing directors and Executive Management Team
- To monitor allocated budgets through the management accounts and support budget
- holders and budget managers on understanding variances against budget which is
- reported through to the Board.
- To provide advice and training to designated budget managers on technical accounting
- matters, including the correct allocation of revenue costs and accruals the allocation of
- VAT, fees and capitalisation of costs for accounting purposes.
- To work in partnership with budget managers to develop monthly forecasting.
- To support the Senior Finance Officers to produce the annual budget for the business
- for allocated budgets which represent a multi million pound budgets for the business.
- To support the effective operation of the computerised financial management system
- and the ongoing development of the Ebis module (On-line workflow management
The successful candidate will have experience of setting, managing and monitoring budgets and should ideally be AAT qualified or part qualified ACCA / CIMA / CIPFA.
We encourage interested applicants to apply immediately to be considered for short listing. Alternatively should you require further information or wish to discuss your suitability before applying please contact Helen Dodds in our Newcastle office for a confidential discussion.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.