Manchester, Greater Manchester
£24000 - £30000 per annum + plus benefits
3 months ago
£24,000 - £30,000
Permanent, Full time
Finance Officer required to join a rapidly growing housing company based in Manchester. My client is looking for an enthusiastic individual who is keen to learn, develop and progress within housing and/or finance. My client is looking for a team player to join their dynamic and growing finance function in one of the most established housing companies within the North West on a permanent, full-time basis.
As the Finance Officer you will report to the Service Charge Team Leader and will provide a professional and high quality service charge function to the organisation alongside other duties below:
Key responsibilities of the Finance Officer
- Support budget holders with setting of service charges.
- Produce annual accounts for audit
- Monthly variance analysis of service charge income and expenditure
- Ensure costs are allocated to the correct schemes
- Prepare routine journals
- Updating financial and housing systems.
- Bank reconciliations
- Purchase and Sales Ledger
- Treasury and audited Service Charge and Statutory accounts.
Required skills and experience of the Finance Officer
- Achieved minimum GCSE Grade C or above/equivalent in English and Maths
- Finance and service charge experience (desirable)
- Ability to meet strict deadlines and work under pressure
- Strong attention to detail
- Good communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to prioritise own workload
- Ability to work well within a team and use own initiative
This is fantastic opportunity to join a well-established housing company with unrivalled opportunities. Our client also offers;
- Excellent pension
- 26 days holiday plus bank holidays (increasing with service)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loans
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience for the Finance Officer role, please apply now, or contact Stephanie Tasker at Sellick Partnership.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including underrepresented and disadvantaged groups and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.