£20743 - £23048 per annum
about 2 months ago
Role: Finance Officer
Location: Leicestershire - office based
Type: 12 months fixed term contact
Salary: £20,743 - £23,048
Finance Officer required to join a fast paced organisation based in Leicestershire. My client is looking for an enthusiastic individual who has excellent time management skills and has previous experience of purchase ledger functions to join their dynamic, organisation on a fixed term contract for 12 months.
As the Finance Officer, you will be reporting directly to and working very closely with the Senior Finance Officer. You will work with a stable team carrying out varied duties including, processing transactions, reconciliations and producing payment runs alongside other duties below;
As a Finance Officer you will be responsible for:
- Processing all purchase ledger transactions from invoice receipt to authorisation
- Producing weekly payment runs for Bacs and cheques, actively monitoring to ensure settlement is made within agreed timescales
- Providing guidance for end users across the business in the use of the electronic invoice system
- Maintaining effective controls over the purchase ledger including the accurate upkeep of supplier information
- Being a prime contact for all queries in relation to invoices and payments
- Undertaking reconciliation of supplier statements ensuring they agree to the records held
- Processing and manually match invoices relating to standing orders and direct debits
- Performing the period end for the purchase ledger for all group and associated companies in accordance with agreed timetables
- Providing Management Accounts with the financial information they require
- Enabling the production of statutory and management accounts within agreed timetables
- Other duties as requested by the Senior Finance Officer (Payments) and Finance Manager (Payments)
Required skills and experience of the Finance Officer:
- Previous experience of purchase ledger functions
- Experience of processing high volumes of data including automated processing
- A good standard of numeracy and literacy
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Demonstrates initiative, whilst working as part of a team
- Excellent customer service
- Good digital and ICT skills including use of the internet, Outlook & Office.
If you believe you have the necessary skills, ambition and experience for the Finance Officer role, please apply now, or contact Jessi Pabla at Sellick Partnership. With the department workload increasing due to success of the organisation, my client is looking for a relatively quick appointment.
your experience matches the above criteria and are interested in this role, please send your CV to Jessi Pabla at Sellick Partnership or give me a call for a confidential chat.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including underrepresented and disadvantaged groups and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.