Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear
£19000 - £25000 per annum
0191 261 8585
Sellick Partnership are currently engaged in the recruitment of a Finance Officer to join an innovative and award winning not for profit organisation based in Newcastle. This is a fantastic place to work with a range of policies committed to supporting staff with work/ life balance, personal development and long term wellbeing.
The role of the Finance Officer will include supporting the work of the Finance Manager and the department, ranging from ensuring the financial procedures are followed to providing support and information to staff across the business to manage their budgets.
Duties of the Finance Officer will include:
- All aspects of the sales ledger including credit control
- Assisting with month-end procedures including calculating and making entries for accrued/deferred income and posting interdepartmental transactions
- Daily bank recs
- Checking and creating new supplier accounts on Sage 200 and approving weekly bacs payment runs
- Monthly balance sheet reconciliation
- To work closely with the Finance Manager on management accounts and to be the main point of contact in the absence of the Finance Manager
- Covering for purchase ledger assistant
- Check and bank the cash in absence of the cashier
- Assist other members of the finance team as required
- Prepare reports as specified by the management
- AAT Qualified (or equivalent), or be working towards Level 4 AAT qualification
- Previous experience of sales and purchase ledger within a fast paced environment
- Previous use of financial management systems, in particular Sage 200, as well as working knowledge of Excel
If you are interested in this opportunity please apply or contact Kathryn Heeler at Sellick Partnership.
Do you know someone who is looking for a new job? Why not recommend them to Sellick Partnership and earn up to £1,000?
For every friend or colleague you refer that is placed by us, we will give you £100 worth of vouchers. If you refer more than one candidate to us within a 12 month period we will increase your reward accordingly. T&Cs apply, please see our website for further details.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including underrepresented and disadvantaged groups and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.