Stockport, Greater Manchester
Up to £21000 per annum
As the Finance Officer Transaction Processing Assistant you will contribute to the high-performance of the Rents, Service Charges & Transaction Processing Team in support of the Finance Team's and the Group's overall objectives.
Provision of expert advice and support to Group managers regarding current and future Rents, Service Charges and Transaction Processing matters.
You will deliver a first class internal service that is valued by colleagues and external parties, and embrace the companies' vision and values.
Key accountabilities of our Finance Officer Transaction Processing:
- To carry out all purchase, sales ledger, rent ledger (tenant receipts and adjustments) transactional processing including responding to internal and external enquiries from colleagues, suppliers and customers.
- To prepare, process and post supplier payments. Proactively liaise with suppliers to keep accounts up to date.
- To ensure the security of the bank account information for all suppliers and customers is maintained at all times and procedures for update are implemented.
- Creating, maintaining and updating supplier accounts on their system
- Managing and resolving invoice queries in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensuring all supplier statements are reconciled and any queries are dealt with/escalated promptly.
- Monitoring and clearing invoice register on their system.
- Providing suggestions as to how processes could be more efficient.
- Process sundry payment requests and issue payment as appropriate.
- Supporting all teams within the Group to use and maintain purchase order system ensuring compliance with internal financial regulations and statutory requirements.
- Carry out monthly control account reconciliations for Transaction Processing, ensuring the integrity of the balance sheet and the accuracy of the financial reporting at all times.
- Prepare and post ledger journals to the finance system including company credit card transactions.
- Provide cover for updating customer rent and service charge accounts in a timely manner.
- Provide cover for carrying out monthly control account reconciliations for Rents & Service Charge transactions.
- Prepare information for internal/external audit as per audit schedules.
- Ensure risk, control and performance are maintained within the Rent & Transaction Processing Team.
- Outline own learning and development requirements, and request appropriate training and development support in place.
What we're looking for in our Finance Officer Transaction Processing:
- Evidence of continuing professional development
- Studying for a recognised accountancy qualification e.g. AAT is desirable
- Experience of an accounts payable environment, cash book and ledger posting
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate ideas, issues and concepts successfully at all levels to a variety of audiences
- Ability to prioritise work to meet deadlines
- Experience of using information technology for a range of different purposes
- Good inter-personal and team working skills, and a proven ability to form partnerships
- Commitment to quality, customer service and best practice
- Demonstrate a commitment to respecting and valuing customer perspectives and choices
- Motivated to work towards creating a safe, open and trusting environment
The ideal candidate would ideally be AP focused.
The benefits that this client offers are:
30 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
Choice of two pension schemes (Defined Contribution Scheme or Defined Benefit Scheme)
Cycle to Work scheme
SmartTech (interest free instalments straight from your salary for tech goods)
Healthcare (affordable health cash plan)
Dress down day every Friday
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience for the Finance Officer role, please apply now, or contact Stephanie Tasker at Sellick Partnership.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.