£20000 - £21000 per annum
Role: Finance Officer
Location: Derbyshire 2 days a week 3 days remote
Day rate : Up to £20,444
Sellick Partnership are currently looking to recruit a Finance Officer to join one of our public sector clients.
Purpose of the Finance Officer
You will be the primary point of contact for both internal and external parties in the delivery of the Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Sundry Debtor and Income Management functions. Reporting to the Exchequer Manager in this varied role you will be required to keep up to date with changes in legislation and work with internal and external parties to the organisation to ensure the completion of the role.
The responsibilities of the Finance Officer
- Day to day management of the accounts receivable, payable and sundry debtor functions.
- Management of the daily income allocation.
- Provide accounts receivable and payable advice to the organisation including training as required.
- Assist with the implementation of any changes in the accounts receivable and
- payable function.
- Prepare legal documentation for outstanding invoices in order to take necessary action through the Courts.
- Maintenance of customer and supplier master files.
- Monitor compliance with the financial management and procedural rules.
- Complete performance reporting as required.
- Complete balance sheet reconciliations as required for the accounts receivable and payable function.
- Monitor and reconcile suspense accounts.
- Ensure the compliance with the Construction Industry Scheme (CIS) and submit monthly returns.
- Assist with income collection and updating of the Finance System.
- Provide information for Freedom of Information requests and statistical returns.
- Liaise and work with internal and external audit ensuring their requirements are met.
- Keep abreast of changes in information technology, which affect the accounting function.
- Provide assistance for insurance claim handling.
- Provide support to the Finance team when required.
Currently recruiting now, take action and apply for immediate consideration.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.