Durham, County Durham
£10.20 - £11.50 per hour
about 1 year ago
Sellick Partnership are currently assisting in the recruitment of a Finance Officer to join a large Public Sector organisation based in Durham.
The Finance officer will join the team immediately and support the Senior Finance officer in providing financial management services to Directors and budget holders. The Finance officer will provide Financial management information to the Finance team.
- Ensure revenue and capital resources are properly controlled for the organizations in accordance with procedures
- Provide Corporate Finance Teams with financial management information to allow the production and delivery of specific financial reporting requirements, ensuring all aspects of financial management and control are maintained at a high level
- Provide financial advice and the training of budget managers
- Provide timely and accurate budget reports to Directors / Managers, giving them advice in relation to financial issues that may be highly complex
- Ensure financial plans are accurate and feasible and guide management action where necessary to ensure delivery of financial balance and achievement of cost improvements
- Maintain the general ledger system in relation to journal and budget input
- Ensure that the establishment plans for both organizations are robust
- Experience with assisting in month end management accounts
- Experience and expertise of Microsoft Excel, Pivot Tables, Vlookups etc. and Oracle
- Public Sector experience (not essential)
- Ability to discuss complex financial queries with staff, budget holders, which are often complex and sensitive. Also provide advice on complex financial and corporate issues to non-financial managers
- To investigate and resolve financial queries and data to identify issues
- Contribution to formulation of budgets for external depts.
- Providing financial advice where required
- Deliver training for budget holders
If this position is of interest please apply, or contact Kathryn Heeler at Sellick Partnership.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultant boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you.
Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you have not received a response within 2 weeks of applying for the role, please assume your application has been unsuccessful.