Manchester, Greater Manchester
£60000 - £70000 per annum
5 months ago
Finance Transaction Manager
Duration: fixed term contract
Sellick Partnership has been assigned to recruit on an exclusive basis a Finance Transactional Manager for a well-established, profitable, international branded business based in Lancashire.
Reporting to the Financial Controller this role will be responsible for the day to day management of the Financial Transactions team whilst continuously striving to make improvements to processes within the team.
General duties include:-
- Leading the Transactions AP&R team (6 people in total) including a Process Improvement Coordinator. Your leadership of this team will be underpinned by strong people management skills and a proven track record of successfully managing complex teams.
- Ensuring your team are consistently working to internal KPI's including Prompt Payments in line with the Prompt Payment Code - setting the 'gold standard' in payment terms and playing an important role in bringing about a culture change in payment practices.
- Continuous improvement will be high on your agenda with process improvements being key to the success of the role.
- Taking ownership of the sales and purchase ledgers, ensuring period end reporting requirements are met on a timely basis.
- Ensuring that the internal controls in the Financial Transactions area are robust and meet the requirements of our Internal Financial Control Framework.
- Interacting with a range of internal / stakeholders in a professional and courteous manner, being mindful of your team's PR to the Finance team and wider business.
- Playing an active role in supporting the Finance Controller to 'bridge the gap' between the Transactions and Reporting teams, championing effective ways of working to ensure invoices are processed correctly and suppliers are paid on time.
- Remaining calm and resilient in the face of adversity, you will be comfortable at navigating a high degree of complexity and ambiguity without the need to draw on others for answers.
- You will be solution focused and have an internal bias to 'getting things done' whilst not cutting corners against our internal standards and controls.
- Able to 'cut through' quickly on the tasks and issues that are impacting ways of working and implement short-term solutions that will make the team more efficient and effective.
The successful candidate will come from a similar role and have experience of managing a Financial Transactions team, in particular Purchase Ledger, would be beneficial but not crucial. You will have strong people management skills and keen to build powerful partnerships with stakeholders from across the business.
You will need to be confident working with a diverse range of people and cultures and have excellent communication skills where you have influenced commercial decisions to drive margin improvement. We are looking for someone with sparkle, drive & energy to come in and really drive some significant improvement.
The individual in this role needs to have strong business partnering and influencing skills in order to be a success in a complex area of the business with multiple stakeholders. You will have a creative and innovative approach to problem solving and delivery orientated - able to work in pressurised environments, meet multiple deadlines and manage own priorities.
If you consider yourself to be a committed, career driven professional who can demonstrate the above experience and who would welcome the stimulus of this finance post then we would be pleased to hear from you.
If you would like to apply for this role or would like to find out more, please apply online or contact Jonathan Moss at Sellick Partnership on 0161 834 1642.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 72 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.