£28000 - £32000 per annum + additional benefits
about 2 months ago
Sellick Partnership are exclusively recruiting for a Financial Accountant to join a highly reputable business based in Leek, Staffordshire.
The Financial Accountant will assist in completion of the month-end close and produce timely Management Accounts for the Directors and Senior Managers, as well as fulfilling Group reporting requirements. Responsible for all Financial Accounting at their production site in Leek, this is a busy and 'hands-on' role, working with staff at all levels across several departments.
Duties of the Financial Accountant include:
- Ensure cash flow forecast is updated daily and manage cash with Finance Controller & Credit Controller.
- Generate accurate Sales Manager monthly commission reports and accruals.
- Maintain Fixed Asset register.
- Prepare and submit monthly VAT returns.
- Prepare and submit all Intrastat and other government statistical returns.
- Prepare month-end journal entries.
- Manage month-end close routines for all the financial ledgers.
- Prepare month end management accounts.
- Produce full Balance Sheet reconciliations.
- Assist Finance Controller in preparation of Statutory Accounts.
- Line Management responsibility for 2 Accounts Assistants.
- Various ad hoc duties and projects.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Proven experience within a similar role.
- Part Qualified, Qualified or Qualified by experience candidates will be considered.
- Excellent working knowledge of Excel.
- Working knowledge of ERP systems.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Line management experience is desired but not essential.
If you are interested in this fantastic position and feel your experience matches the criteria please apply now for immediate consideration or for more information please contact Jemma Bailey.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.