Manchester, Greater Manchester
£45000 - £55000 per annum
10 months ago
An excellent newly created opportunity for a Qualified ACA/ACCA Accountant to join a Sunday Times Fast Track 100 company at their head office in Manchester.
Reporting to an impressive manager you will join an experienced team of professionals and be the Financial Accounting Lead.. As the business continues to grow you will develop into the Head of Financial Accounting. The successful applicant will be responsible for the following duties;
* Form a close working relationship with the Financial Controller.
* Compilation and maintenance of system notes in relation to financial standards (gain full knowledge of Access).
* Maintain all tax records and submissions - VAT, Corporation Tax, R&D, PSA, PAYE. Maintain relationship with tax advisors and HMRC.
* Quarterly Group Consolidation
* Assist in managing the relationship with external auditors - ensuring year end audit is conducted and completed in a timely manner.
* Assistance with the Statutory Accounts for 5 entities (IFRS)
* Assist with the budgeting process and maintenance of the budgetary control system.
* Ensure key balance sheet controls are in place to support the quality of the monthly MI reports.
* Ensure all intercompany balances are accurate and maintained on a monthly basis.
* Assist the Financial Controller in producing subsidiary accounts and liaise with the company's external accountants.
* Assist with the compilation of transactional controls in the company's lending operations.
* Assist with the provisioning requirements of both the broking and lending divisions of the business
* IFRS knowledge including IFRS 9
* Maintain and create group financial policies
* Assist with transition from FRS 102 to IFRS
* Any other ad hoc duties as requested by the Financial Controller.
You will be a technically strong and ideally Practice trained Accountant looking to make a career within Industry. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a rapidly growing business and really enhance your career further. You will benefit from the support of an experienced Financial Controller and receive a benefits package including Pension, Health Care, Death in Service and Free Gym Membership.
For more information on this role please forward your CV to Martin today. Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultant boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you.
Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.