Manchester, Greater Manchester
£40000 - £45000 per annum
3 months ago
Sellick Partnership has been engaged to recruit a permanent Financial Accountant for a fast growing and reputable service business based in Manchester city centre. This role is available at an exciting time and the successful candidate will play a major part in the company's current growth project.
The post holder will be joining a dynamic and entrepreneurial team and can expect daily interaction with senior stakeholders. Accordingly, the role offers the opportunity for rapid progression, and strong performance will be quickly recognised and well rewarded. This role is suited to a recently qualified accountant from an audit background, or with experience in working in the Financial Services industry.
You will play a vital role in improving and developing financial control and delivering all reporting across the group. You will also play a key role in ensuring consistent accounting practices and high standards across the business, producing timely and accurate information and proactively supporting the businesses.
The role will be a key member of the Group Financial Control team and encompasses the following areas:
- Monthly management accounting - The role holder will be heavily involved in the month end closing process, including cost analysis and accruing, revenue and cost recognition, intercompany reconciliation and revaluation, cross entity recharges, variance to budget analysis, journal postings and upload file preparation.
- Monthly reporting - The role holder will also provide key support in the preparation of the Group result and the monthly reporting to the Board. This will involve preparation of items that will feed into the group consolidation, ownership of key reconciliations and preparing drafts of the reporting outputs and ad-hoc analysis.
- Balance sheet reconciliations - Responsible for producing and maintaining balance sheet reconciliations. Involves large data manipulation, identifying issues and liaising with foreign subsidiaries to resolve.
- Liaison with the business - The role holder will be required to liaise with the wider business including the legal, operations and underwriting teams.
- Year end and half year accounts - Involvement in both the year end and half year accounts and audit process.
- Providing reporting and insight to the wider Finance team as required
It is expected that the successful candidate will be dynamic and able to thrive in a fast-paced organisation, where initiative and ability to identify areas of improvement are promoted.
The successful applicant will be a proactive, fully qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA or ICAS) either making their first move from practice with a broad knowledge of IFRS accounting standards and statutory accounts or coming from a similar role.
Due to the nature of this position it is necessary that the successful individual is able to communicate with staff at all levels, whilst maintaining their own work load. Focussed on delivering specific objectives, you will be proactive, adaptable, dynamic and self-motivated with a desire to find and deliver improvements.
If you consider yourself to be a committed, career driven professional who can demonstrate the above experience and who would welcome the stimulus of this commercial finance post then we would be pleased to hear from you.
If you would like to apply for this role or would like to find out more, please apply online or contact Jonathan Moss at Sellick Partnership on 0161 834 1642.