Manchester, Greater Manchester
£40000 - £43000 per annum
about 2 months ago
Sellick Partnership is currently seeking a Financial Accountant on an 6 month contract to join an established businesses based in the North West. The organisation that we're representing has recently been through a finance reorganisation and is seeking a technically strong financial accountant to bolster its already well established technical reporting team. The business is in an incredibly strong financial position and is going through a growth phase so needs additional help across the finance function. Sitting within the group head office the business requires an all round financial accountant who can report directly into the FC and assist with the reporting processes.
Once in role the successful candidate will be responsible for managing the financial reporting processes for part of the group and taking a lead on all of the following areas.
Key responsibilities include;
- Working alongside the Financial controller to lead on all monthly, quarterly and year end statutory reporting across a specific business entity
- Management of all trial balances ensuring all accounts are allocated and controlled
- Planning and implementing a year end reporting timetable
- Completion of complex reconciliations
- Co-Ordinate year end processes and liaise with external auditors
- Take a lead on preparing all audit files
- Preparation of month end journals
- Assist with all technical reporting issues
- Take a lead on all balance sheet reconciliations
- Liaise with reporting team and business partners across the organisation regarding information requirements
The successful applicant will ideally be CCAB qualified accountant and have extensive experience of working in a larger organisations financial reporting team. The candidate will have good working knowledge of IFRS and will be able to demonstrate extensive experience of statutory reporting. Previous experience of implementing improved processes and managing a year end close down is critical. The candidate will ideally have experience of working in a highly regulated environment and will have a can do attitude. Good communication skills are essential as the candidate will be liaising with multiple stakeholders.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.