£150 - £200 per day
about 1 year ago
Sellick Partnership are currently recruiting for a Financial Accountant to join a reputable organization in Rugby. This is a fantastic opportunity for a qualified Accountant who enjoys the financial aspects of finance, particularly within a Local Government environment, and is looking for a new and exciting challenge.
The Financial Accountant will report directly into the Financial Services Manager & Deputy Chief Financial Officer this is a key post in the delivery of the Council's Financial Services function.
The duties of the Financial Accountant will include:
- The Council's Treasury Management activities and Council Strategy
- The Council's payments to suppliers
- All VAT implications in respect of payments made and income received.
- The development of financial reporting and monitoring tools for Budget Managers to support the Council's objective to provide a more self-service approach to forecasting and budget planning.
- Provide a proactive internal financial advisory service to the Council across a range of major corporate initiatives, projects and schemes.
The successful candidate will be the following:
- You'll be a CCAB qualified accountant with significant experience of working in a professional finance environment and supervising finance staff.
- You'll be a good motivator with a passion for continuous improvement and development of both staff and the service as a whole.
- You'll be a strong communicator as you will be required to help senior management, officers and councillors understand what may often be complex financial issues.
If you are interested in the above position and feel your experience matches the criteria please apply now for immediate consideration or for more information please contact Alex Rowland.
*Interviews will be taking place immediately*
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice https://www.sellickpartnership.co.uk/data-processing-notice