Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire
£30000 - £40000 per annum + benefits
over 1 year ago
Sellick Partnership are recruiting for a first-time mover from Practice to join a reputable business in Stoke as a Financial Accountant. Reporting directly to the Financial Reporting Accountant, the role will be interesting and varied and will offer fantastic growth/development to the successful candidate.
Key responsibilities include:
- Calculation of the monthly accruals and prepayments and responsibility to ensure all liabilities and assets are recognised correctly;
- Balance sheet reconciliations;
- Production of the trading company monthly financial accounts and monthly consolidated group reporting pack to a strict reporting timetable;
- Cash flow preparation and analysis;
- Accounts commentary on key variances to budget; Variance analysis and commentary
- Assist in the preparation of the monthly board pack;
- Assist with the preparation of half year and full year statutory accounts;
- Assisting with the year-end audit preparation and dealing with audit queries;
- Assist with annual budget preparation and monthly forecasting;
- Providing support and mentoring to more junior team members;
- Supporting the wider financial reporting team with one off projects.
The key skills we are looking for include:
- Finalist/newly qualified financial accountant (ACCA or ACA) - Part Qualified would also be considered if the candidate has all the relevant experience
- Experience of IFRS reporting preferable;
- Excellent excel skills;
- Good organisational and time management skills with an ability to deliver to agreed deadlines;
- Strong analytical skills and attention to details.
This role is full time, permanent and offers a competitive salary between £30,000-40,000 depending on qualification and experience.
If you are interested in the above position and feel your experience matches the criteria please apply now for immediate consideration.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice https://www.sellickpartnership.co.uk/data-processing-notice