£42000 - £49000 per annum + Pension, Healthcare, Bonus Scheme
about 1 month ago
Sellick Partnership has been engaged to recruit a permanent Financial Accountant for a leading reputable and long established financial services organisation based in Greater Manchester. This excellent opportunity has arisen due to an internal promotion and this pivotal role within the team will be responsible for initiating and delivering improvements across Group Finance that enables Group Finance to become more efficient and effective.
* Responsible for key external financial reporting including financial statements, press releases, quarterly and annual regulatory reporting and involvement in other ad hoc work including projects.
* Liaising closely with other teams across Group Finance and the wider group to aim to deliver high quality, accurate and insightful reporting and meet all key reporting deadlines.
* Support the provision of all external regulatory reporting services for the Group, including PRA quarterly and annual submissions, Solvency II compliance and other ad hoc reporting requirements.
* Act as a key point of contact for external auditors to assist in the provision of their audit
* Liaise with a variety of teams and stakeholders across Group, ensuring compliance with controls including risk management, and aim to identify and implement any necessary process improvements
The ideal Financial Accountant:
The successful applicant will be a fully qualified ACA/ ACCA/CIMA Accountant making their first move from a top 4 firm and/or from a similar role, with experience in financial services.
You will have strong knowledge and experience of report writing (tailored to different audiences), control frameworks coupled with a proven record of questioning current practices and recommending/implementing alternative (efficient or correct) solutions. Strong analytical skills and ability to draw out key messages coupled with the ability to communicate in a professional and influential manner with colleagues, senior Executives and managers, committees and to third parties is a must. Therefore you must be confident to challenge with a view to making improvements and be able to influence peers and drive through change.
It would be ideal if you have a strong understanding of regulatory reporting in a Financial Services business, Solvency II and experience of preparing and / or auditing financial statements would be beneficial.
It is essential the candidates applying for this role have excellent stakeholder management / partnering skills with the ability to influence and build working relationships; coupled with strong presentation and communication skills with the ability to communicate complex issues simply and effectively.
You will be able articulate complex or topical subject matter, possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, and have vast experience in developing and maintaining strong stakeholder relationships, as well as a team player attitude.
If you consider yourself to be a committed, career driven professional who can demonstrate the above experience and who would welcome the stimulus of this finance post then we would be pleased to hear from you.
If you would like to apply for this role or would like to find out more, please apply online or contact Sam Jeffrey at Sellick Partnership.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.