Manchester, Greater Manchester
£325 - £350 per day
over 1 year ago
Sellick Partnership are currently representing a global business in their search for a Group Financial Accountant. The business that we're working alongside are currently going through an extensive period of change and require an interim candidate to fit into an already well established and growing finance function. The business have won a number of awards for their working practices and have highly developed systems that assist the finance function to deliver the value add to the wider business. With extensive visibility and contact with the executive team the Group Financial Accountant will play a pivotal role in the delivery of the financial accounts for a number of the business units across the group.
Lasting for a minimum of 12 months the Group Financial Accountant will play a pivotal role in the production and delivery of the group accounts. Reporting directly into the Group Financial Controller the interim will be responsible for the following areas:
- Assist with the consolidation of half and full year group results
- Preparation of full year and half year IFRS consolidated accounts
- Deliver the 'glossy' consolidated accounts to the executive team
- Prepare commentary and the notes relating to the year end accounts
- Working alongside and assisting auditors with all queries and reconciling the financial results
- Preparation of subsidiary company financial accounts
- Liaising with key stakeholders across the group regarding potential queries
- Responsible for providing technical accounting support to key stakeholders
- Assist with implementing process improvements across the reporting function
- Oversee group intercompany reconciliation process
The successful interim will be 'hands on' ACA or ACCA qualified and will have exceptionally strong technical reporting experience. The interim will have a big business background, experience of working within a group function and will be well versed in preparing statutory accounts under IFRS. The interim must have strong IFRS knowledge, have worked within a group structure and will have prepared the 'glossy' accounts. Strong communication skills are key as the interim will be liaising with internal and external stakeholders and assisting with an array of accounting issues. Ideally the individual will have had exposure to multi-currency consolidations and will be available to start work at relatively short notice. The interim will be able to work as part of a technically strong team and will be expected to bring new ideas and improvements into the role.