South Yorkshire, England
£43500 - £45000 per annum
8 months ago
Sellick Partnership are currently recruiting for a Financial Accountant to join a Public Sector organisation in South Yorkshire on a Fixed Term basis. This is a new role within the structure as a result of an imminent restructure, and will be crucial to the immediate and future success of the team. This assignment will initially last for 8 months with the potential to last for longer.
Key responsibilities of the Financial Accountant:
- Lead Accountancy in the preparation and monitoring of revenue estimates and the capital programme, reconciliations of accounts, statistical returns, compliance with financial regulations and standing orders. VAT advice and compliance, update of the asset register and supervision of VAT return and control function
- Ensure the maintenance of original, revised and current budgets on the Financial Management System
- Support the Financial Services Manager in promoting and implementing business-partnering approach to managing the finances of the organisation
- Ensure systems are in place and maintained to produce the draft capital programme and the monitoring of capital expenditure
- Produce various revenue estimates and forward plans
- Lead on the financial forecasting and the production of the revenue budget, medium term resources plan and capital programme in accordance with the planning cycle
- Lead on year-end procedures and processes to produce the annual Statement of Accounts
The successful Financial Accountant will:
- Have previous, proven Public Sector experience
- Be CCAB qualified or equivalent
- Hold experience in the preparation of Revenue Estimates, Budget Monitoring and Forward Planning in the Public Sector
- Have supervisory experience
This is a great opportunity to work in an organisation with a great culture, strong work ethic and add significant value.
For further information or for a confidential discussion, please get in touch with Liam Cox at Sellick Partnership.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.