Manchester, Greater Manchester
£40000 - £45000 per annum
8 months ago
Salary: £40,000 - £45,000
Sellick Partnership has been engaged to recruit a permanent Financial Accountant for a fast growing and reputable service business based in Manchester city centre. This role is available at an exciting time and the successful candidate will play a major part in the company's current growth project.
The post holder will be joining a dynamic and entrepreneurial team and can expect daily interaction with senior stakeholders. Accordingly, the role offers the opportunity for rapid progression, and strong performance will be quickly recognised and well rewarded. This role is suited to a recently qualified accountant making their first move from practice.
You will play a vital role in improving and developing financial control and delivering all reporting across the group. You will also play a key role in ensuring consistent accounting practices and high standards across the business, producing timely and accurate information and proactively supporting the businesses.
The role will be a key member of the Group Financial Control team and encompasses the following areas:
- Produce a variety of high quality balance sheet control account reconciliations ensuring robust control of the corporate balance sheet is maintained
- Produce statutory accounts for various subsidiaries including co-ordination of tax pack info
- Support the production of annual accounts at interim and year-end
- Produce monthly finance pack for our in-house self-insurance team
- Work with the wider financial accounting team to continually drive process improvements and standards in financial control across the business (covering areas such as VAT and asset impairment models)
It is expected that the successful candidate will be dynamic and able to thrive in a fast-paced organisation, where initiative and ability to identify areas of improvement are promoted.
The successful applicant will be a proactive, fully qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA or ICAS) making their first move from practice (ideally top4) with a broad knowledge and experience of producing statutory accounts under IFRS and UK GAAP
Due to the nature of this position it is necessary that the successful individual is able to communicate with staff at all levels, whilst maintaining their own work load. Focussed on delivering specific objectives, you will be proactive, adaptable, dynamic and self-motivated with a desire to find and deliver improvements.
If you consider yourself to be a committed, career driven professional who can demonstrate the above experience and who would welcome the stimulus of this commercial finance post then we would be pleased to hear from you.
If you would like to apply for this role or would like to find out more, please apply online or contact Jonathan Moss at Sellick Partnership on 0161 834 1642.