Manchester, Greater Manchester
Up to £45000 per annum
5 months ago
Sellick Partnership are acting in behalf of a charitable organisation, based within Greater Manchester, for a Financial Accountant to join on a permanent basis. This is a newly created role, which brings with it a fresh remit to make the role your own. In addition, it is an exciting time to join the charity, based upon their impressive future growth plans. The main purpose of the Financial Accountant role is to contribute to the robustness and reliability of financial reporting both for internal management purposes and for external statutory reporting.
Key responsibilities of the Financial Accountant:
- Manage the core ledger functions (Sales, Purchase, General Ledgers and Cash Book) to ensure that transactions are recorded in an accurate and timely way.
- Manage regular (monthly to quarterly) ledger reconciliation to ensure that financial information is complete and accurate.
- Work across the organisation to develop an accruals-based system for monthly accounting
- Support Head of Finance in mapping out and developing the internal control framework to ensure the continued reliability of accounting systems.
- Work closely with the Head of Finance to ensure that the year-end and audit process is as efficient as possible, including but not limited to the timely availability of all deliverables to the auditors.
- Prepare periodic statutory tax returns (VAT, Employee and FEU tax, Corporation Tax).
- Production of financial reports for external principal funders.
- Lead on any preparatory work for external inspections.
- Directly support the reporting of management accounts by providing an accurate and timely trial balance including all manual corrections and adjustments.
- Work with the management accountant to investigate and review key financial variances.
- Support the development of the new financial system to reduce and improve manual processing of transactions.
- Manage a small team of financial administrators
Required skills and experience of the Financial Accountant:
- Qualified Accountant (ACA / ACCA / CIMA).
- Experienced at producing statutory accounts and tax returns.
- Ability to translate and narrate financial information to a range of stakeholders.
- Excellent Excel and MS office skills.
- Team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience of working in a fast-paced environment in an SME or similar.
- Experience of working in a finance function during time of organisational change.
- Honesty, integrity, reliability and professionalism.
- Excellent planning, prioritisation and time management skills.
- Flexibility and adaptability to juggle a range of different tasks.
With this role, the client is open to the candidates from any sector, but you must be fully qualified, coupled with having a strong audit and financial accounting profile, in order to be considered.
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience to take on this role as a Financial Accountant, please apply now
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website