£30000 - £35000 per annum
about 2 months ago
Sellick Partnership are recruiting a Financial Accountant for a large multi-national organisation in the Buxton area. Our dynamic, forward-thinking client is a market leader in their field and pride themselves on delivering high quality service in the construction industry. This highly profitable organisation has almost 7000 employees and produced a turnover of almost £2 billion in 2017. The position of Financial Accountant will sit within a small finance department and will report into an established Finance Manager.
The primary role of the Financial Accountant will be to maintain the Balance Sheet and produce related reports alongside the regular monitoring and improvement of processes.
Key responsibilities of the Financial Accountant:
- Accurate reporting and forecasting of cash flow and capital expenditure
- Maintenance and analysis of Balance Sheet and fixed asset register
- Ensuring business is fully compliant and all processes are monitored and improved, specifically improvement of the P2P process
- Balance Sheet and tax reconciliations
- Completion of Statutory Accounts, Journals, Accruals and Prepayments
- Reporting on AP and AR related functions and assisting with budgeting and forecasting
- Ensuring all statutory requirements are met with regards to accounting, tax and payroll legislation
- To act as a key point of contact for internal and external auditors and assist in the training of colleagues in new processes
- Complete any ad-hoc reporting and project work
- To act as a key point of contact for the transactional and management accounts teams
The Ideal Financial Accountant
The successful candidate will be a qualified (CIMA/ACCA) or qualified by experience accountant with excellent analytical skills. The ideal Financial Accountant will be a strong communicator and have previously demonstrated process improvement experience. They will have good excel skills and technical exposure to UK GAAP. The ability to work autonomously and organise their own work schedule is essential and confident stakeholder communication skills are required. Previous experience of working in an office environment is crucial and knowledge of SAP is desirable. If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience for the Financial Accountant please apply now, or contact Sam Jeffrey at Sellick Partnership.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.