Gateshead, Tyne and Wear
Up to £45000 per annum
about 1 month ago
Sellick Partnership are currently assisting a reputable business in Gateshead with the recruitment of a Financial Accountant.
Reporting into the Financial Controller, the core responsibilities are (but not limited to):
- Coordination of data uploads relating to financials and notes disclosures and intercompany discrepancies reporting
- Answer account mapping questions/ proactively addressing inconsistencies with to ensure robustness and understanding of reported financial performance and position of the group.
- Supporting the businesses' Lease (IFRS 16) submissions and provision of IFRS 16 movement reports to external auditors
- Providing accounting information to Group Associates and Joint Ventures
- Preparation of accounting entries for capital structure changes and mergers.
- Submission of pension scheme asset valuations for defined benefit schemes to business
- Support UK Reporting Manager on accurate pension accounting with defined benefit schemes for Group reporting (and associated covenant reporting).
- Managing and providing the 'Year-on-Year' analysis required for Annual Reports
- Completion of regulatory reporting for overseas operations
- Provide ad-hoc support to Reporting Manager on statutory accounts outside of month, quarter and half-year end group reporting deadlines
- Qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) with some post qualification experience in a senior (if not manager level) coordination role
- Comfortable dealing with senior finance (including Finance Directors) stakeholders
- Good background knowledge of IFRS and consolidation accounting
- Knowledge/experience of defined benefit pension scheme accounting desirable
- Excellent people skills with ability to build relationships with various stakeholders
- Organised and strong planning skills - prioritising work to deliver to tight deadlines on a timely basis and identify key issues to stakeholders
- Strong analytical skills and proficiency in use of Excel as an analytical tool.
For more information please contact Maz Williams at Sellick Partnership, Newcastle.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.