£45000 - £55000 per annum
0161 834 1642
Salary: £45000 - £55000
Location: Greater Manchester
Sellick Partnership has been engaged to recruit a permanent Financial Accountant for a leading reputable and long established financial services organisation based in Greater Manchester.
This excellent opportunity has arisen due to an internal promotion and this pivotal role within the team will be responsible for the provision for financial reporting services for the Group and its subsidiaries, including involvement in Group and subsidiary statutory reporting, the UK GAAP monthly consolidation, committee reporting and working with stakeholders across Finance.
- Support the production of the UK GAAP consolidation on a monthly basis working with stakeholders across Finance to ensure it meets all external standards and is produced on time.
- Understand and challenge the reported results in order to articulate a clear story in all aspects of reporting - both in reports to the Audit Committee/Board and support the external messaging in the front end of the ARA and press releases.
- Prepare committee reports to Audit Committee and Board of an appropriate standard and take responsibility for the production and review process of the reports through to submission to Company Secretarial.
- Prepare the subsidiary statutory accounts working closely with teams across finance and the wider business to deliver timely and accurate financial statements.
- Support the Head of Financial & Regulatory Reporting in improving the control environment surrounding the UK GAAP consolidation process and preparation of subsidiary and Group statutory accounts, improving the quality of the reporting process and in embedding the Financial Reporting Data and Controls Framework.
- Provision of ad hoc support and input into projects.
The successful candidate will gain excellent exposure to a variety of different business areas and the opportunity to gain an understanding of the business with regular exposure to senior stakeholders.
You will be a fully qualified ACA/ ACCA / CIMA / ICAS Accountant making your first move from a top4 firm or from a similar role within financial reporting. Experience in financial services is essential.
You will have strong knowledge and experience of report writing (tailored to different audiences), UK GAAP and/or IFRS, significant experience of preparing and/or auditing financial statements, a good understanding of inputs to the accounts, and the ability to work closely to manage the critical path dependency on year end reporting.
Strong analytical skills and ability to draw out key messages coupled with the ability to communicate in a professional and influential manner with colleagues, managers, committees and to third parties is a must. Therefore you must be confident to challenge with a view to making improvements and be able to influence peers and drive through change.
It is essential the candidates applying for this role have excellent stakeholder management / partnering skills with the ability to influence and build working relationships; coupled with strong presentation and communication skills with the ability to communicate complex issues simply and effectively.
You will be able articulate complex or topical subject matter, possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, and have vast experience in developing and maintaining strong stakeholder relationships, as well as a team player attitude.
If you consider yourself to be a committed, career driven professional who can demonstrate the above experience and who would welcome the stimulus of this finance post then we would be pleased to hear from you.
If you would like to apply for this role or would like to find out more, please apply online or contact Jonathan Moss at Sellick Partnership on 0161 834 1642.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 72 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.