Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear
Up to £35000 per annum + 5% Bonus
0191 261 8585
Sellick Partnership are proudly recruiting for a Part Qualified Financial Accountant on behalf of a well established business in Newcastle.
The role is required to:
- Work both independently and in a collaborative team environment to deliver business reporting requirements - to include statutory, Group and ad hoc reporting;
- Produce high quality statutory and group reporting deliverables;
- Have good technical knowledge of IFRS
- Challenge existing ways of working and develop a continuous improvement culture; and
- Deliver best in class customer service to internal and external stakeholders/customers.
The key responsibilities and duties are to:
- Deliver accurate and timely statutory and group financial reporting and other ad-hoc deliverables
- Produce the financial statements for assigned legal entities;
- Perform technical reviews of draft statutory accounts;
- Assist the team to ensure the accounts progress through audit in a timely manner;
- Monitor developments in accounting standards to ensure that all statutory reporting is prepared in accordance with IFRS and FRS 101;
- Provide technical accounting input relating to internal Group reorganisations as required;
- Apply group financial accounting policy and procedures and contribute to their development as and when required;
- Deliver in line with statutory and group monthly and quarterly reporting timetables;
- Comply with new accounting standards and refer to senior management for clarity if in doubt;
- Take responsibility for the maintenance of own technical knowledge and continuing professional development;
- Ensure any complicated transactions are identified ahead of the month end and budget input and the treatment is agreed, so there is no delay to the production of the month end results;
- Assist in the consolidation of weekly cash forecasts
For more information, please contact Maz Williams at Sellick Partnership, Newcastle.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.