Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear
£40000 - £45000 per annum + 5% Bonus
3 months ago
Sellick Partnership are currently assisting a Newcastle based business with the recruitment of Financial Accounting Supervisor.
- Manage team of Assistant Financial Accountants and/ or Apprentices
- Ensure month end timetable and financial accounting SLAs are met
- Review and process journals submitted for processing
- Challenge existing ways of working and to develop a continuous improvement culture
- Deliver appropriate training & knowledge to the business to enable them to perform the duties which they are responsible for.
- Instil a customer facing culture to enable the delivery of best in class services to all stakeholders.
- Ensure compliance with company accounting policies, within the wider finance community
- Management and development of team of direct reports
- Completion of month end to timetable
- Support the month end process with detailed analysis as needed, both on a regular monthly and ad hoc basis, delivering value added insights.
- Take ownership of specific statutory entities and control of allocations and balance sheet control accounts
- Completion of balance sheet reconciliations, including investigation and reporting on items at risk
- Provide analysis and respond to management information requests, supporting and challenging appropriately in support of key business decisions.
- Build and maintain strong collaborative relationships with the Business.
- Undertake special projects as requested
Qualifications or Required Experience:
- Qualified (CIMA/ ACCA/ ACA)
- Experience of complex business processes and tools for large data analysis
- Good at managing relationships particularly with the business;
- Proven record of delivering continuous improvement and driving change
- Ability to confidently challenge at senior levels within the organisation.
For More information please contact Maz Williams at Sellick Partnership, Newcastle
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.