Sheffield, South Yorkshire
£32000 - £39000 per annum
about 2 months ago
Sellick Partnership have been tasked to recruit a Financial Accounts Manager for a well-established and successful Public Sector organisation in the East Midlands. This is a crucial and gives the successful applicant the chance to add real value to the existing team.
Key responsibilities of the Financial Accounts Manager:
- Be responsible for ensuring Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Cash Management, Inventory Systems, Fixed Asset Module (and other integrated feeder systems as they develop) are completely and accurately downloaded into the General Ledger and all associated controls are balanced
- Play a key part in the on-going development of the Financial Ledger; ensuring users are trained on the new methods and procedures Oversee the production of monthly and quarterly management accounts and related reports
- Assist with the reconciliation of the Statement of Financial Position as directed by the Head of Financial Accounts, ensuring that imbalances are identified and resolved promptly
- Responsible for ensuring that all input documents and accounts working papers are complete and accurate in accordance with Audit requirements (this involves analysing confidential streams of data e.g. Payroll, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Fixed Asset module etc. and ensuring they are input into the system to meet the monthly and year end timetables).
- The post-holder will compare budgeted Payables, Receivables, Cash and Capital balances to actual balances and will develop initial forecasts on that basis.
- Be responsible for overseeing the Agreement of Balances process, ensuring accurate input of data to the statutory returns to NHS Improvement
- Monthly Reporting
- Be responsible for collection, analysis and collation of data for defined aspects of the regular financial reports to the Trust Board and the associated returns provided to NHS Improvement and the Department of Health.
The successful Financial Accounts Manager will:
- Have previous Public Sector financial experience
- AAT Advanced/NVQ Level 4 Accounting or equivalent experience
- Have previous staff management/leadership experience
- Experience of leading and coordinating processes involved in financial accounts
- Have proven experience of successfully achieving deadlines
If you feel your experience matches the above or are keen to find out more, please get in touch with Nicole Graley at Sellick Partnership for a confidential discussion.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.