£270000 - £380000 per annum
3 months ago
Sellick Partnership are currently recruiting for an Assistant Management Accountant to support a busy Northamptonshire based finance function for a hybrid working permanent opportunity.
This Assistant Management Accountant must have strong attention to detail, an organised approach and strong Excel skills.
Assistant Management Accountant key deliverables for this role include:
- Maintaining and monitoring the integrity of financial systems
- Ensuring that financial transactions are processed accurately and efficiently to provide budget holders and reliable and timely information
- Providing expert advice, guidance, support and training to budget holders, managers and other Finance staff as necessary, in respect of revenue and capital budgets
- Assisting in the development of management reports in response to changing customer requirements, to ensure continued relevance of the information provided
- Preparation of budgets to provide the basis for effective financial control and assisting in the realignment of budgets with levels of activity
- Managing and interpreting detailed monitoring procedures to identify areas of under and over spending and to facilitate optimum utilisation by the Force's resources; subsequently providing monthly reports of outturn positions
- Encouraging added value through leaner processes, monitor cost reductions from process changes and report them against the forces efficiency plan
- Pro-actively involved in the year end closedown process and the production of the statutory accounts
- Preparing statistical information and grant claims as may be required by Government Departments and other bodies
- Supporting the Finance Business Partner through ad-hoc project work to meet the objectives of the Finance Department
- Reporting and be responsible for the robust outturn position of the areas/ departments, after thorough review by the Budget Holder, who is ultimately responsible for the accuracy of financial forecasts
Essential skills required:
- Basic knowledge of purchasing systems & Excel
- The ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Good attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and written
If you meet the above criteria for the Assistant Management Accountant role then please apply now for immediate consideration.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.