Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire
£40000 - £50000 per annum + medical, pension, mileage allowance
20 days ago
Sellick Partnership are exclusively recruiting for a Financial Controller to join a reputable, growing business based in Stoke-on-Trent. This role will provide all aspects of financial management and control for a complex structure of companies, in order to support and facilitate the development of the business.
This opportunity would suit a qualified or Newly qualified Accountant who is looking to progress their career within a growing and successful business. The role will be both challenging but highly rewarding for the right individual who is looking for a fresh challenge.
The duties of the Financial Controller include:
- Managing a team of three Management Accountants
- Monthly and quarterly reporting to strict deadlines
- Taking ownership of the financial management of allocated companies
- Tight management of working capital, including timely review, approval and processing of all payments for the companies requiring board approval
- Reviewing and preparing of annual budgets/operation models, including the development of robust forecasts for P&L, balance sheets and cash flow
- Ensuring all tax obligations are met
- Managing and preparing statutory accounts
- Liaising with and managing all auditors
- Developing and improving systems, processes and reporting
The ideal Financial Controller will have:
- Qualified qualified in CIMA/ACCA/ACA
- Ideally be practice trained and have recent experience within industry
- Exposure to complex SME environment (desirable)
- Experience of managing and developing a team
- Advanced IT skills, including Excel and Sage Line 50
- Ability to build relationships with all stakeholders
If you are interested in the above position and feel your experience matches the criteria please apply now for immediate consideration, interviews will be taking place ASAP.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice https://www.sellickpartnership.co.uk/data-processing-notice