£60000 - £70000 per annum
about 1 year ago
Sellick Partnership has been engaged to recruit an ambitious and driven Head of Finance / Financial Controller for a profitable division of a global manufacturing business.
Based in Cardiff this is a broad and all-encompassing role which exposes you to a wide variety of stakeholders in the business and will play a major part in the company's senior management team.
Reporting into the divisional MD and Group Financial Director, the post holder will lead a small team that is accountable to produce all the Financial and Management Accounts, timely strategic and operational financial data to support the business plan and the evolving needs of the business.
You will be focussed on providing genuine commercial insight and aid in making sound conclusions to ensure that performance is maximised and to drive initiatives for profitable growth.
A full job specification is available on request but below is a brief overview of general duties:-
- Preparation of Business' finance budget and strategic plans
- Preparation of value add commentary with explanations for the key movements
- Work with the management team to support business development activity and expansion
- Build close links with the Operations and Sales functions and broader teams to develop, implement and control the regional plans in support of the Group's overall strategy
- Work with colleagues to develop and implement analysis based investment decisions in allocating both capital and operational resources
- Carry on the required activities in the implementation of the new ERP system.
- Review people and processes within the Finance function. Ensure that best practice is adopted to establish a faster, more efficient service with a 'right-first-time' concept
- Financial Analysis and Modelling of proposals (e.g. Capital Expenditure, new contracts, acquisitions, disposals, restructuring etc.)
- Responsibility for the Finance Department, including production of monthly Management Accounts, Annual Financial Accounts (including Statutory Accounts & legal entity requirements relating to treasury & taxation).
The successful applicant will be a qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) with experience in a similar role within a manufacturing business. You will need to provide examples of your experience of manufacturing accounting and/or commercial roles. The role literally sits amongst operations so there is a very strong commercial bias to what we need.
Therefore, the ideal candidate should be commercially astute, and able to identify key trends, risks and opportunities within the business. A proven track record of driving improvements and cost savings in production is essential. Experience of producing management and financial accounts (budgets, forecasts, revenues) and have the ability to work under your own initiative and also operate as part of a wider team.
You will have strong written and verbal communication skills, with continuous improvement in mind, and the ability to motivate oneself, and others, to deliver a high standard of work to agreed timetables, evaluate progress and implement corrective action. You must have strong analytical skills, be organised and able to present conclusions to support decision-making.
If you consider yourself to be a proactive rather than reactive individual, committed, career driven professional who can demonstrate the above experience and who would welcome the stimulus of this finance post then we would be pleased to hear from you.
If you would like to apply for this role or would like to find out more, please apply online or contact Jonathan Moss at Sellick Partnership on 0161 834 1642.