Manchester, Greater Manchester
£550 - £650 per day
over 1 year ago
Sellick Partnership is currently working with a rapidly expanding business, to recruit an interim Financial Controller on an exclusive basis. Our hugely exciting client is currently undergoing a period of positive change after recently being acquired by a highly commercial, instantly recognisable, national organisation; and is looking for an energetic, enthusiastic individual to drive that change and manage staff whilst a permanent appointment is made. In current uncertain times, our client, and the wider group, have performed exceptionally well, and are in a strong financial position.
The purpose of this interim Financial Controller role is to provide leadership and direction to team of c.30 staff, ensure smooth and efficient financial control and to drive change and transformation across the department.
* Effectively lead and manage team of c.30 staff, ranging from transactional to part and fully qualified accountants, ensuring standards remain high with regular 1-to-1 mentoring and coaching
* Leading team and department through a period of change, whilst maintaining excellent financial control
* Driving transformation across department, improving processes ensuring alignment with Group
* Working closely alongside process and control improvement project team to ensure that controls are robust and watertight for internal and external audit purposes
* Ensure a seamless month end process, "get hands dirty" by improving controls around journals, systems and ledgers
* Create a culture where the financial control function communicates efficiently with the wider business, through effective stakeholder management
The ideal Financial Controller:
You will be a highly technical, qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) or equivalent, with the energy and enthusiasm to influence, manage and lead a team. You will have a keen eye for detail and, will have experience in driving change and transformation of controls and processes across a finance function. It is essential that you demonstrate previous team leadership experience alongside excellent technical financial reporting skills. Previous exposure to a retail organisation and a group reporting structure would be advantageous for this role.
If you or anyone you know has the requisite skills or experience for this interim Financial Controller role, please apply or contact Sam Jeffrey at Sellick Partnership.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.