Bury, Greater Manchester
£45000 - £50000 per annum
9 months ago
Sellick Partnership are currently supporting a dynamic engineering organisation in their search for a Financial Controller to join them with immediate effect. Our client is a market leader in their industry, and following a recent period of internal development, this exciting opportunity has arisen that may result in permanent employment for the right candidate. Overseeing an established team of 5, this is a fantastic opportunity for the successful individual to develop beneath a forward thinking Finance Director.
The main purpose of this Financial Controller position is to ensure effective day-to-day running of the accounting department, and ensure timely and accurate financial reporting.
* Take full ownership for the monthly management accounts for the business, including posting of journals and month and year-end budgeting and forecasting procedures
* Assist in the preparation of full statutory accounts and company tax computations
* Maintenance of Fixed Asset register and management of company payroll and pensions
* Responsible for full balance sheet and intercompany reconciliations as well as complex VAT returns
* Produce ad-hoc reports for the Finance Director and supervise transactional staff, including any training or 1-2-1 mentoring
* Submission of forecasts and KPI reports, including detailed commentary and variance analysis
* Act as a point of contact for external auditors and ensure a smooth audit process and identify and improve processes across the finance department
The Ideal Financial Controller:
The successful individual will be a qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) or equivalent with proven experience within a similar role. Strong stakeholder communication skills are essential as is proven experience in strong financial control, monthly reporting and VAT returns. A background in manufacturing or engineering would be advantageous. You will be a driven individual who has an eye for detail, with the ambition to drive the organisation forwards.
If you or anyone you know has the requisite skills or experience for this Financial Controller role please contact Sam Jeffrey at Sellick Partnership.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.