Huddersfield, West Yorkshire
£22 - £26 per hour
3 months ago
Sellick Partnership are actively recruiting to an interim Financial Controller for an established NHS client in West Yorkshire
The Financial Controller will have responsibility for the financial accounting, planning and reporting and work alongside the Head of Financial Reporting and Accounting in proactively developing a comprehensive reporting function, ensuring the development of the Financial Accounts
The role will have responsibility for leading a team and for the development of wider expertise and understanding of functions within the role.
Day to day duties of the role include:
- Assist in the management for statutory accountability of financial accounting.
- Assist in the preparation and submission of financial accounting and agreement of balances to NHS E local and national deadlines.
- Ensuring the collation of reports to Audit Committee in line with the Internal Governance requirement.
- Assist with the financial accounts timetable, allocating roles within the finance team to ensure all timetables are adhered to.
- Lead the agreement of balances process.
- Support the governance for the passage of draft and final financial accounts in papers for committees and governing body meetings to deadline allowing advance time for senior review.
- Assist with the final accounts year end preparation, process and timetable and ensure that responsibilities are assigned across the wider finance team to ensure delivery.
- Responsible for cash planning and in month management to ensure that central cash resources are managed efficiently and within cash limits and liaison with external organisations.
- Key contact with internal audit, counter fraud, and external auditors as required throughout the year.
- Responsible for the review of monthly reconciliation of balance sheet and control accounts.
- Responsible for the review of the aged debtors and creditors and goods received not invoices and invoices on hold.
- Co-ordinate and monitor Better Payment Practice Code and delivery of the IQM function.
- Co-ordinate capital planning and expenditure for the CCGs.
- Manage compliance with HMRC Off-Payroll requirements and VAT Returns.
- Responsible for the overall control and maintenance of the chart of accounts.
- Required to present information at relevant meetings and committees.
- Ensure that SFI of the organisations are up to date at all times.
- Lead in the preparation and submission of financial planning templates to NHS E local and national deadlines which align to NHS E requirements for business rules and control totals.
- Support the Head of Financial Reporting and Accounting in the alignment of the plans identifying synergies and escalating reasons for differences in the two sets of plans.
- Support the governance for the passage of draft and final financial plans in papers for committees and governing body meetings to deadline allowing advance time for senior review.
- Lead the annual budget setting process and ensure that budgets reconcile to governing body approved financial plan.
- Support the Head of Financial Reporting and Accounting to ensure a consistent system of reporting is established and maintained
- Contribute to the monthly integrated finance report for inclusion in committee and governing body papers to deadline.
- Prepare and submit monthly, quarterly, annual and other relevant returns including to NHS England and other statutory bodies as required.
- Develop and reporting comprehensive budget management reports to Budget Holders
- Ensure that opening and updated allocations are reflected in the appropriate ledger correctly
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.