Manchester, Greater Manchester
£36244 - £39923 per annum
5 months ago
Sellick Partnership has been engaged recruit a Financial Control, to work for an establish education establishment, based within Greater Manchester. Reporting to the Head of Finance, you will be a key and proactive member of the Finance Management Team, and have responsibility for the line management of six members of staff. You will lead on the provision of high quality and professional technical, transactional, and systems accounting. This wide-ranging and fast paced role will oversee the effective and efficient administration of the purchase ledger, sales ledger, cash and banking, and payroll. You will also maintain the financial system and lead on the production of the annual statutory accounts, including liaising with External Audit.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Play a key leadership role within the Finance Team, assisting the Head of Finance and Chief Financial Officer in providing an excellent, customer-focused finance service
- Ensure the ongoing development of the team, and be responsible for motivating and encouraging their development through effective performance reviews and personal development plans
- Contribute to the production of the monthly management accounts and quarterly forecast, ensuring that accurate and detailed monitoring mechanisms are in place for balance sheet forecasting and variance analysis
- Lead on the preparation of the statutory financial statements and working papers, including being a key point of contact with External Audit throughout the entire year-end process
- Oversee the preparation and completion of various period-end balance sheet reconciliations and month-end journals
- Monitor aged creditors, open purchase orders, and aged debtors, on a regular basis, ensuring that all balances are relevant and correct
- Act as a main contact for treasury management and banking arrangements, and provide updates to senior colleagues on the cash position
- Maintain a chart of accounts and code hierarchy
- Continuously seek to make improvements to processes
- Qualified as a full member of a main (CCAB / CIMA) accounting body e.g. ACCA, ICAEW, CIMA, CIPFA, or having considerable experience of operating in a similar role.
- Recent experience in the education sector
- Proven experience of working in a similar role
- Producing year-end financial statements and working papers, and liaising with External Audit
- Line management / supervisory experience relevant to areas listed in the job description
You will be an experienced and proactive individual, with excellent communication skills and the ability to identify and drive forward improvements across a range of transactional processes and systems. The Financial Controller is required to have a proven track record in transactional and financial accounting.
The ideal candidate will be CCAB / CIMA qualified, with FE experience and a good understanding of the challenges faced in this sector. Alternatively, experience in a wider education (e.g. HE, MAT), public or third sector, or equivalent and transferable experience will be considered.
You will have a strong background in technical, transactional, and systems accounting and producing year-end financial statements and working papers.
You must demonstrate excellent communication, organisation, and management skills. You will have a can-do attitude, be positive about change and innovation, and able to drive forward system and process improvements. This position would suit someone who is looking for a new challenge or who is ready for the next step up in their career.
If you consider yourself to be a committed, career driven professional who can demonstrate the above experience and who would welcome the stimulus of this finance post then we would be pleased to hear from you.
If you would like to apply for this role or would like to find out more, please apply online or contact Stephanie Tasker at Sellick Partnership on 0161 834 1642.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.