Manchester, Greater Manchester
£400 - £500 per day
2 months ago
Day rate opportunity for an immediately available Qualified Financial Controller to work through until the end of the year.
The UK Financial Controller is responsible for the Financial Control and Reporting teams. It is crucial to the delivery accurate and timely reporting along with ensuring that effective financial controls are in place.
* Responsible for a small but experienced UK Finance team as well as the support from a SSC based in Europe, duties will include but not restricted to;
* Responsible for the delivery of month end and year-end financial reporting and KPIs of all 6 UK entities with commentary and variance analysis
* Lead and manage the financial control team including regular 1to1's providing leadership and guidance
* Responsible for the Financial Control framework and documented procedures systems and controls
* Responsible for the finance functions compliance and adherence to regulations and governance such as GDPR, FCA and IFRS accounting standards
* Oversee all the preparation of the UK statutory company accounts, manage the external audit process and fulfill all taxation requirements
* Responsible for delivering successful change across the finance function including processes and systems.
The successful applicant will be a Qualified (ACCA, ACA, CIMA) accountant with experience operating as a Financial Controller. You will have staff management experience and ideally worked within a regulated environment. Group exposure is also advantageous but not essential. You will personable and able to interact with stakeholders of all levels across Europe.