Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire
£40000 - £44000 per annum + additional benefits
7 months ago
Sellick Partnership and exclusively recruiting for a Financial Controller to join a well-known business in the heart of Stoke on Trent. The position would suit a fully qualified or newly qualified Accountant who is looking for a Senior role, and the opportunity to develop into a Management position (if not already) of a small team.
The Financial Controller will carry out the following:
- Prepare accurate monthly and annual accounts within required timescales
- Work across the business to ensure that financial reports are understood by users and provide the information that users require
- To maintain financial control over the general ledger with timely and accurate reconciliations
- Ensure all regulatory payments are made correctly and promptly
- Oversight of monthly and annual payroll processes
- Leadership of the accounts team to include work prioritisation, development of staff and performance management
- Liaise and support the Management team and Human Resources with projects that require financial input
- Continual challenge of processes and identification of business improvements and cost savings both within finance and the across the business
- Support and cover for the Finance Director
The successful Financial Controller will have the following:
- Qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
- Good working knowledge of current accounting software systems (currently use SAGE 200)
- Excellent IT skills - experience of dealing with complex models
- Ability to prioritise and multi-task to meet deadlines
- High degree of confidentiality, high level of accuracy and the ability to communicate effectively both verbally both verbally and in writing
If you are interested in the above position and feel your experience matches the criteria please apply now for immediate consideration. For any more information please contact Jemma Bailey.
Interviews will be taking place immediately.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice https://www.sellickpartnership.co.uk/data-processing-notice