Excellent opportunity for an experienced Financial Controller to join a progressively growing owner managed business at their UK head office in Lancashire. Reporting to the Finance Director the successful Financial Controller will manage the day to day running of a small but well experienced finance team.
You will be given a great deal of autonomy to put your own stamp on things and introduce new procedures and processes that will effectively improve the running of the finance function. Other duties include;
- Hands on Management of the finance team to ensure that the management accounts and board packs are produced in a timely fashion
- Ensure the annual statutory accounts are produced in accordance with the timetable.
- To manage the day to day running of the group's accounting function.
- Responsibility for the group Annual budgeting process
- Preparation of VAT & other HMRC returns
- Ensure a sound system of internal control is maintained to protect income and minimise business expenditure
- To identify cost saving opportunities within areas of responsibility and to assist the Finance Director in wider review of operational costs.
- To supervise the internal financial inspection process and liaise with external auditors at year end
- To assist the Finance Director in ensuring that the company financial systems are robust, compliant and support current activities and future growth.
The successful applicant will have strong people skills and a proven track record of identifying training needs and developing staff within their teams. You will always strive to identify areas for improvement looking to identify cost savings and improved efficiency.
You will be a Professionally Qualified ACCA/CIMA/ACA accountant with experience operating at a similar level previously ideally within an owner managed environment.
In return you will benefit from a competitive salary, excellent bonus scheme up to 20%, pension, 25 days holiday, free parking and a prestigious office environment. The company operate within an attractive market and are proud of the great culture they have developed over the years.
For more information on this role please forward your CV to Martin ASAP. Sellick Partnership is a leading independent Finance Recruiter and proud to be listed in the North West Growth 100 list as well as the LSE 1000 companies to inspire Britain.