Manchester, Greater Manchester
£60000 - £70000 per annum
7 months ago
Sellick Partnership has been assigned to recruit a permanent Financial Planning Manager for a very successful and instantly recognisable business based in Manchester.
The business has outperformed their competitors over the past few years and will continue to do so by driving their strategic plan, delivering further improvements and changes that will make a real impact on the whole business.
Reporting into the Head of Strategic Finance, you will play a key role in the planning and reporting within a talented team. You will engage with the business and ensure all strategies, initiatives, risks and opportunities are accurately reflected into future plans. Taking the lead, this role co-ordinates across the business to deliver best practice, consistency and alignment
- Accountable for liaising, collaborating and communicating with all Finance teams to ensure P&L impacts, risks and opportunities are understood and correctly reflected in the budget and forecast where appropriate.
- Co-ordinates delivery of rolling forecast and outturn predictions (forward forecasts of periodic, quarterly and full year), providing appropriate commentary and explanations with insight into performance drivers.
- The production of accurate, consistent and insightful presentations, telling the story of performance or create clear and challenging forward forecasts.
- Accountable for the production of insightful and clear planning communication packs for decision making.
- Build strong relationships and demonstrate your credibility when dealing with various internal business partners across all levels in finance and the executive teams.
To get going quickly in this role, you will need to have significant experience as a qualified accountant, within a planning finance function. We will look for you to show your planning and forecasting skills and how you've provided key insights that delivered results. So that you're able to fully understand the complexity of this business, you will ideally have great experience from a large, multi-site organisation.
The successful applicant will be a qualified Accountant (ACA or ACCA or CIMA) who has strong experience in both large retail, multisite, leisure or FMCG industry.
You will have evidence of having played a key role in Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) or financial reporting teams in a large, complex business and who is resilient and comfortable challenging and engaging internal business partners. Therefore, you will have to show experience of building and managing meaningful relationships with a variety of different stakeholders at all levels, as you will be challenging the status quo. In addition, you will have to demonstrate where you've successfully designed and improved management packs for senior stakeholders - you will have a fantastic opportunity to build your profile and land some great changes to the way they do business.
The role requires an ambitious and proactive individual who enjoys applying a strong commercial focus, with the ability to build robust and productive relationships, providing support and challenge across all functions and liaising with senior management.
If you consider yourself to be a committed, career driven professional who can demonstrate the above experience and who would welcome the stimulus of this commercial finance post then we would be pleased to hear from you.
If you would like to apply for this role or would like to find out more, please apply online or contact Jonathan Moss at Sellick Partnership on 0161 834 1642.