Financial Planning Manager
£60000 - £65000 per annum
0161 834 1642
Financial Planning Manager
Salary: £60,000 - £65,000
Location: Leeds (hybrid working)
Sellick Partnership has been assigned to recruit a permanent Financial Planning Manager for a very successful and instantly recognisable business based in Leeds.
The business has outperformed their competitors over the past few years and will continue to do so by driving their strategic plan, delivering further improvements and changes that will make a real impact on the whole business.
We are looking for someone who has a commercial finance background and looking for an opportunity to drive financial performance through planning and analysis.
Reporting into the Senior FP&A Manager, you will play a key role in co-ordinating the delivery of clear and robust short, medium and long-term planning processes and driving regular analysis and insight across the business to aid decision making. This role is very much at the heart of Finance with the Exec board and Senior Leadership your key customers. The role is also accountable for setting the strategic direction of how the business leverages their Planning tool (Anaplan) within the business and ensuring it remains fit for purpose.
- Support in running the 1 year and strategic plan processes including top down target setting, review and challenge of numbers, understanding the narrative and preparation of associated Exec/Board presentations
- Proactively driving analysis to understand, evaluate, challenge and improve performance, reviewed as part of the monthly Board meetings
- Utilising data visualisation tools to interpret trends within financial data, providing insight into monthly performance reviews
- Adhoc projects as required - these are strategic and cross-functional in nature requiring co-ordination across multiple stakeholders
- Build strong relationships & demonstrate your credibility when dealing with various internal business partners across all levels in finance and the executive teams.
To get going quickly in this role, you will need to have significant experience as a qualified accountant, within a planning finance function ( FP&A ). We will look for you to show your planning and forecasting skills and how you've provided key insights that delivered results. So that you're able to fully understand the complexity of this business, you will ideally have great experience from a large, multi-site organisation.
The successful applicant will be a qualified Accountant (ACA or ACCA or CIMA) who has strong experience in both large retail, multisite, leisure or FMCG industry.
You will have evidence of having played a key role in Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) or financial reporting teams in a large, complex business and who is resilient and comfortable challenging and engaging internal business partners. Therefore, you will have to show experience of building and managing meaningful relationships with a variety of different stakeholders at all levels, as you will be challenging the status quo. You will have a fantastic opportunity to build your profile and land some great changes to the way they do business.
The role requires an ambitious and proactive individual who enjoys applying a strong commercial focus, with the ability to build robust and productive relationships, providing support and challenge across all functions and liaising with senior management.
If you consider yourself to be a committed, career driven professional who can demonstrate the above experience and who would welcome the stimulus of this commercial finance post then we would be pleased to hear from you.
If you would like to apply for this role or would like to find out more, please apply online or contact Jonathan Moss at Sellick Partnership on 0161 834 1642.