Financial Reporting Accountant
Manchester, Greater Manchester
£25 - £45000 per annum + Bonus, Pension, 25 days Hol
New opportunity for a newly qualified ACA looking to make their first move into Industry. Excellent opportunity to join a large and diverse business within their Group function.
To prepare the Group's interim and full year consolidated financial statements under International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), and individual company financial statements under FRS 102, to a high standard. Provide technical accounting and financial reporting expertise and support the provision of relevant technical training and development to the finance community and assist in the management of the year end and half year processes, including the external audit process.
Core responsibilities are but not restricted to;
* Primary responsibility for the preparation of the Group half year and full year financial statements under IFRS, for presentation to the Board and Audit Committee and inclusion in the externally published interim and annual reports and accounts.
* Preparation of the full year financial statements under new UK GAAP (FRS 102) for 40+ legal entities.
* Provide complete, accurate and timely IFRS and new UK GAAP (FRS 102) accounting expertise and advice. Maintain a strong knowledge base, and utilise this to both evaluate the potential impact of operational / commercial changes on the group and company accounts, and identify appropriate accounting treatments and options.
* Provide ongoing accounting support to divisional finance teams / FP&A / commercial teams to ensure any accounting implications are factored into commercial decision appraisals, and the impact on reporting is understood, with options where possible to be presented.
* Responsibility for the development and maintenance of accounting policies and supporting the governance of financial processes, ensuring standards and accounting policies are aligned across all legal entities.
* Assist in the development and delivery of training refreshers for accountants to ensure awareness of new accounting standard changes, appropriate recording of financial entries, and compliance with accounting policies.
The successful applicant will be technically strong in IFRS and UK GAAP. You will be ACA Qualified ideally within the big 4.
For more information on this role please forward your CV to Martin ASAP. Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.