£300 - £400 per day
3 months ago
Sellick Partnership are currently recruiting to a Financial Reporting Accountant for an organisation in Staffordshire on an interim basis.
Reporting to the Financial Controller and working closely with the Group Accountant, this is a pivotal role in Group Finance ensuring management accounts and financial results are delivered accurately and in a timely manner to an ambitious, growing Group.
A key focus of this role will be to provide technical know-how on accounting standards, ensuring that standards are successfully adopted and presented, with processes and procedures updated to allow for long term adherence.
Daily duties for the Financial Reporting Accountant:
- Adoption and monitoring of financial reporting standards across the group
- Preparation, completion and filing of statutory accounts under IFRS
- Monitoring the statutory accounts for the groups foreign subsidiaries
- Assisting with the management of group leases, including evaluation of IFRS16 accounting
- Assisting with the review of key customer contracts to ensure accurate revenue recognition under IFRS15
- Preparation of Financial sections of interim and year end results and announcements
- Production of year-end & half-year schedules and files for external auditors
- Management of plc share schemes
- Assisting CFO with group legal matters
- Assisting CFO with group defined benefit pension scheme
- Assisting CFO with plc reporting matters including nomad/broker/financial PR relationship
Skills, knowledge and experience:
- Qualified accountant, preferably Chartered, with recent public practice based experience
- Strong technical background
- Experienced in producing statutory accounts under IFRS International experience
- Experienced in applying and interpreting accounting standards
- Sector experience desirable
Please apply now for consideration.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.