Manchester, Greater Manchester
£450 - £500 per day
5 months ago
Excellent interim opportunity for a Financial Reporting Accountant to join a small but experienced team, within a large, dynamic organisation. You will be technically strong with specialist accounting and financial reporting gained within the financial services industry.
Reporting to the Head of Financial Control you will ensure business receives appropriate, timely and accurate financial management information to meet their internal, statutory and regulatory reporting needs.
- Responsible for the delivery of financial reporting within pre-agreed timescales to support both internal and external reporting requirements. This will include monthly delivery to FP&A and Group Finance, bi-annual external reporting including financial results and market announcements
- Responsibility for the reporting and forecasting of the investment portfolio and presentation to relevant Executive-level Committees
- Maintain up to date knowledge of relevant technical accounting standards and rules including IFRS, financial reporting and taxation. Responsible for the communication of any changes or updates to the relevant teams and individuals as required
- Responsible for the ongoing reporting and monitoring of Liquidity Risk & Market Risk, including Executive reporting and maintenance of relevant policies and control standards to ensure adherence to the Risk Management Framework
- Key contact for external stakeholders, including relationship management and reporting in line with the supplier management framework
- Oversee the cash management processes, including daily working capital, forecasting and reporting
- Maintain up to date knowledge of regulatory and legal requirements relevant to the role, including insurance-specific areas such as Solvency II, Flood Re and Financial Services Compensation Scheme levies
- Ownership of periodic review and maintenance of documentation to support financial reporting policies & procedures, including accounting policy manuals and financial reporting control standards
- Deputise for the Financial Reporting Manager when required
The Ideal Financial Reporting Accountant:
The successful candidate will be a qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) or equivalent, with exposure to regulatory reporting, ideally within a financial services environment. This is an integral role and one that will have a huge impact on the business as it goes through a period of change. You will have up to date knowledge of relevant technical accounting and regulatory financial standards, as well as a strong working knowledge of the wider financial services industry and the regulatory environment.
If you or anyone you know has the requisite skills or experience for this Financial Reporting Accountant role, please contact Sam Jeffrey at Sellick Partnership.
For further information on this role please forward your CV today. Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.