Manchester, Greater Manchester
£60000 - £65000 per annum
about 1 month ago
Financial Reporting Manager
Sellick Partnership has been engaged to recruit a Financial Reporting Manager for a growing and dynamic financial services company based in Manchester. This profitable division is part of a listed and world leading organisation which has gone from strength to strength.
The company has seen significant growth over the past few years and will now be looking to further advance through organic growth as well as via acquisitions. This role is available at an exciting time and the successful candidate will play a major part in supporting the Financial Controller in delivering effective monitoring and reporting of the company's capital and financial position. The role includes delivery of Solvency II reporting, statutory accounts and all relevant taxation calculations and returns.
General responsibilities include:-
- Provide information for reporting to regulators
- Act as the key contact for the external audits
- Prepare and collate information for the quarterly Finance, Audit, Compliance and Risk Committee.
- Provide strong input into the forward looking capital modelling contained in the Own Risk and Solvency Report (ORSA) including risk and scenario selection and calculation of capital requirements
- Ensure active monitoring and impact assessment is carried out for changes in financial reporting standards and relevant regulations and deliver training on new standards for finance staff as needed.
- Ensure the implementation of financial controls including acting as the first sign-off in the Internal Control System.
- Review existing processes and controls and implement changes with the goal of improving procedures and enhancing automation to improve efficiency whilst ensuring effectiveness of controls.
The successful candidate will be a qualified accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACCA) with previous relevant financial services industry experience.
You will have experience in financial Reporting and Accounting with up to date knowledge of IFRS and UK GAAP accounting standards. A strong in depth knowledge of SII requirements is a must! You will be an analytical thinking and strong communicator someone who is able to communicate detail to all levels in a clear and concise manner.
You will possess good leadership and communication skills, with the ability to inspire and support teams across finance coupled with building positive relationships with teams and leaders across the business to work collaboratively.
If you consider yourself to be a committed, career driven professional who can demonstrate the above experience and who would welcome the stimulus of this commercial finance post then we would be pleased to hear from you.
If you would like to apply for this role or would like to find out more, please apply online or contact Jonathan Moss at Sellick Partnership on 0161 834 1642.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 72 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.