Bolton, Greater Manchester
£40000 - £50000 per annum
5 months ago
Financial Reporting Manager
Sellick Partnership has been engaged to recruit a Financial Reporting Manager for a division of successful and profitable service business in Lancashire This role is available at an exciting time and the successful candidate will play a major part in the company's current business transformation project.
Reporting to the Head of Financial Planning and Analysis and working closely with the Financial Director, Financial Controller and senior stakeholders throughout the business, this is a key role and the successful candidate will be fully involved at the heart of the finance function giving an enthusiastic individual the opportunity to gain a full understanding of the organisation and to deliver the key decision makers with the financial information to make informed decisions.
Although the main focus of the role will be on Financial Reporting the role will include involvement in ad hoc projects to support the Head of FP&A and FD as necessary.
- Ownership of the controls and processes that underpin the monthly and annual financial reporting cycles including identification of areas of improvement and implementing change.
- Preparation and production of monthly financial reporting for both the Exec Team and Head Office.
- Updating of the finance system - Planful - in line with agreed deadlines.
- Control of the balance sheet of all subsidiaries ensuring that month end reconciliations are prepared and reviewed with any issues identified being rectified as soon as possible.
- Production of annual financial statements for the group including subsidiaries.
- Managing, leading and coaching the members of the financial reporting team including the Accounts Payable function.
- Being the main point of contact for the annual audit ensuring all required information is provided and explained to the auditors
- Forecasting short and medium term cashflows.
- Maintaining and controlling the business's medium-term model.
- Providing required information to the external tax advisors to enable them to prepare the annual tax returns for both the Group and the Partners.
The successful applicant will be a qualified accountant (ACA or ACCA or CIMA) who is a motivated self-starter, who will retain ownership for the production of financial information for stakeholders and the control necessary to make that happen. You will be able to clearly demonstrate desire to move forward in a fast paced and growing business as there is potential to learn and have involvement in other areas of the commercial financial teams work areas as experience within the business grows.
Preparation of Statutory Accounts, planning and executing efficient budget processes, working with UK GAAP and the preparation and monitoring of regular cash flow forecast is a must.
The role requires a strong people manager, but also a leader who can coach others to perform to their potential coupled with a relationship builder and team player, that has the ability to hit the ground running and possess excellent analytical and IT skills, with a particular strength in excel. Attention to detail is a must, as is good communication skills and ability to communicate effectively with senior non-financial members.
If you consider yourself to be a committed, career driven professional who can demonstrate the above experience and who would welcome the stimulus of this finance post then we would be pleased to hear from you.
If you would like to apply for this role or would like to find out more, please apply online or contact Jonathan Moss at Sellick Partnership on 0161 834 1642.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 72 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.