£26 - £35 per hour + + flexible working arrangements
2 months ago
Government Financial Services Lawyer
Locum 12 month Contract - Full time
£26.25 per hour PAYE + £3.95 Holiday Pay
2x Government Financial Services Lawyers are required to join the Central Government team to provide high quality, client-facing advisory services. My client is looking for enthusiastic individuals who are experienced in either Financial Services Regulation or Public Law to join their Government team on an initial 12 month contract with a likelihood of extension for another 12 months.
You must be a highly motivated, qualified lawyer with strong communication skills and good self-awareness. You must have a reliable judgement, and the ability to think strategically and creatively.
Key Responsibilities of the Financial Services Lawyer
- Provide legal advice on the development, design and implementation of Government policies and decisions.
- Draft secondary legislation.
- Work with Parliamentary Counsel on primary legislation.
Required Skills and experience of Financial Services Lawyer
- Must be qualified to practice as a Solicitor, Barrister or Chartered Legal Executive in the UK or a qualified Solicitor or Barrister admitted in a Commonwealth Country.
- Candidates must have lived in the UK for a minimum of 3 years to obtain the required security clearance.
- An understanding or either financial services regulation or public law.
- Sound analysis, using secure legal research to produce timely and fit for purpose advice.
- Demonstrate behaviours, such as communicating, managing quality services, and working together as a team.
- Strong intellectual and analytic skills.
What is on offer for the Financial Services Lawyer?
- £50-55K Annual Equivalent
- Flexible working arrangements
- Central London Location
- Access to Unique Government Work
- Long term contract lengths
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a well-established Central Government team that prides itself in the first-class service it offers to clients. Our client also offers the potential extension of your 12 month as a Financial Services Lawyer.
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience for the Financial Services Lawyer role, please apply now, or contact Mark Bladen at Sellick Partnership. All candidates must comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) before they take up employment. This standard involves verification of identity; nationality and immigration status (including an entitlement to undertake the work in question); employment history (past 3 years) and criminal record (unspent convictions).
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including underrepresented and disadvantaged groups and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.