£48950 - £51800 per annum + Free parking, LG pension, holidays
4 months ago
Sellick Partnership are working alongside a forward thinking Local Authority to recruit for a Financial Services Manager/Deputy Section 151 Officer. This is a vital role within the Council's financial structure and gives the successful applicant the chance to make a real difference within the organisation and have a key involvement in upcoming projects.
Key responsibilities of the Financial Services Manager:
- Lead the Financial Services Team in the provision of the full range of accountancy, exchequer, banking, insurance and treasury management functions
- Support the Chief Finance Officer in delivering a balanced and sustainable Medium Term Financial Strategy
- Manage the preparation and compilation of the Annual Statutory Accounts
- Co-ordinate and manage the budget preparation cycle for the annual Revenue and Capital Budgets, and to develop and agree protocols for compiling the five year General Fund Revenue Budget, Housing Revenue Account and Capital Programmes
- Financial reporting to senior managers/budget holders
- Deputise for the Chief Finance Officer as Section 151 Officer
- Lead, manage, develop, inform and motivate employees within the team to ensure the efficient, cost effective and responsive delivery of financial and accounting service
- Play a crucial role in exciting, impending projects (from drafting to completion, and reporting into board level with progress and updates)
The successful Financial Services Manager will:
- Have extensive experience of Local Government experience at a senior level
- Be a fully qualified CCAB accountant
- Have vast experience of financial planning, financial management and reporting
- Have vast experience in the preparation of statutory accounts, budget preparation and budgetary control Have experience of managing tasks, and leading projects and people, to achieve deadlines
- Have a thorough understanding of Local Authority Accounting principles, practice, funding sources and their application
- Be able to analyse highly complex situations and documentation, and from that analysis develop and implement innovative solutions and improvements
Please note that due to the nature of the role, candidates MUST have extensive, senior Local Government accounting experience. This role is a fantastic challenge for the successful candidate, and you will be joining the Authority at a hugely exciting time where they are growing and developing.
*INTERVIEWS WILL BE TAKING PLACE FROM 2nd JANUARY ONWARDS"
If you feel your experience matches the above criteria and are interested in this role, please send your CV to Liam Cox at Sellick Partnership or give me a call for a confidential chat.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you.
Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.