Financial Services Manager
Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear
0191 261 8585
Sellick Partnership are currently partnered with a leading professional services organisation based in Newcastle, in the recruitment of a Manager to join their Financial Services division within Accounting, Compliance and Reporting.
The ACR team is a growing part of a Managed Services Centre located in modern offices in the City Centre. The purpose of this team is the provision of "reporting support" to a broad portfolio of financial services clients including, Management reporting, Bookkeeping, Statutory accounting (UKGAAP and IFRS), Regulatory reporting, Treasury, Payroll.
Within a fast paced and dynamic working environment, both team and client needs can alter from day to day, therefore the organisation is looking for Manager who is ambitious, flexible and who can thrive within this kind of setting.
Key responsibilities of the Manager are…
* Primary responsibility for delivery of the services set out above
* Leading more junior member of the team, working efficiently, providing support, maintaining communication, and updating senior team members on progress
* Develop and maintain productive working relationships with client personnel, whilst building strong internal relationships
* Maintain client confidentiality and ensure data security at all times
* Contribute to people initiatives including training, buddying with new joiners etc.
* Maintain an educational program to continually develop personal skills
* Understand and follow workplace policies and procedures
* ACA / CA / ACCA qualified or equivalent (preferably first time passes) with relevant post qualifying experience
* Strong technical capabilities with experience of IFRS, UK GAAP and/or US GAAP gained within the reporting arena
* Proven ability to analyse and create innovative solutions to problems
* Effective time management skills and the ability to remain calm when meeting deadlines
* Strong stakeholder management skills
* Demonstrable good project management and time management skills - balance multiple priorities by considering importance, level of urgency and other dependencies.
* The ability to lead and motivate a team; manage, mentor and train more junior staff (including trainee and qualified accountants) and work with colleagues across the business.
Our client offers a competitive benefits package with rewards given based on individual and team performance, flexible working and excellent career progression, and from a financial perspective, are looking to pay above market rate salary.
If you are interested in the above position please apply or contact Kathryn Heeler at Sellick Partnership.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.