Financial Services Manager
Newcastle upon Tyne
£47000 - £53000 per annum
0191 261 8585
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced Financial Services Manager to join a large public sector organisation based in Newcastle upon Tyne. This is a temporary opportunity till the end of December however may well be extened in to 2023.
This organisation is one of the busiest, largest and most successful of it's kind in the country. They provide a range of support to their service users regionally, nationally and internationally.
As Financial Services Manager you will lead the Technical Accounts (Capital) and Financial Systems sections in delivering a professional, high quality service.
- Take a lead role in the roll out of financial systems development across the Financial Services function
- Ensure controls are in place to enable timely, accurate and effective monitoring, management and reporting of the organistion's financial position in relation to capital
- Make a significant contribution to the annual accounting process
- Ensure VAT is correctly treated and reported in related to capital spend
- Take a lead role in cash flow forecasting and cash management in relation to the Capital Programme
- Ensure the accounts and monthly returns represent a true and fair view, meet financial timescales and legal requirements
- Ensure capital related financial information and appropriate analysis is available to support business planning and development within the organisation.
Our client is keen to hear from candidates that have previous Financial Services Management experience, ideally from the public sector however this is not essential. You'll possess sound technical knowledge, excellent communication skills both written and verbal and most importantly you will understand the values and purpose of the organistion.
We encourage interested applicants to apply immediately to be considered for short listing. Alternatively should you require further information or wish to discuss your suitability before applying please contact Helen Dodds in our Newcastle office for a confidential discussion. The closing date for applications is Wednesday 15th June.
Do you know someone who is looking for a new job? Why not recommend them to Sellick Partnership and earn up to £1,000?
For every friend or colleague you refer that is placed by us, we will give you £100 worth of vouchers. If you refer more than one candidate to us within a 12 month period we will increase your reward accordingly. T&Cs apply, please see our website for further details.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including underrepresented and disadvantaged groups and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.