Financial Services Manager
£40000 - £45000 per annum
0191 261 8585
Sellick Partnership are delighted to be working once again with one of the North East's leading NHS Foundation Trusts to appoint an experienced Financial Services Manager on a permanent basis. The Financial Services Manager will be based on site in Middlesbrough and will support the Head of Accounting in the preparation and completion of Trust accounts.
- Provide, in conjunction with the Head of Accounting and Governance and other senior finance colleagues corporate reports including Board and Audit and Risk Committee reports on the performance of the Trust.
- Actively contribute to the Trust's investment policy and associated treasury management systems ensuring that cash flow is effectively managed, and investment returns maximised.
- Develop the AP, AR, and Procurement functions to maximise the benefits realised from automation, and constantly develop services to ensure they continue to meet the requirements of the organisation
- Liaise with both internal and external audit as regards accounting transactions and audits that are routinely conducted throughout the financial year.
- To be instrumental in leading the Agreement of Balances exercise, liaising with the Financial Management (Income) and the Accounts Receivable teams so that information can be taken and used with confidence.
The successful Financial Services Manager will have extensive experience in the use of computerised financial services systems, staff management/supervision in addition to experience of working with procurement function. It is also preffered that applicants are part qualified.
When it comes to the NHS, there are many reasons people opt to take on a career within this area of the public sector:
- Pay - there's a common preconception that those working for the NHS are underpaid, but that isn't the case. The NHS offers a fair and transparent pay structure with competitive and flexible benefits. They also have one of the most generous pension schemes on offer.
- Pension - as mentioned above, the pension scheme offered by the NHS can help you to secure a better future. NHS staff are entitled to a pension with employer contributions of up 20% as well as a tax-free lump sum upon retirement.
- Rewarding work - one of the main reasons for working in the NHS is the sense of satisfaction workers feel knowing they are caring for people. This can be directly or indirectly, whilst you may not be operating or performing life-saving treatment, you could play an integral part of making that happen.
- Work-life balance - balancing a busy job with non-professional commitments is something we all face. The NHS recognises such demands and offers flexibility. In addition, childcare and school support is offered to staff which can help those that have a family.
- Training - learning, developing and improving is crucial for a successful career and it's something that the NHS takes pride in. There is a strong focus on training and helping staff when it comes to building a variety of unique skills. You can expect things such as personal development reviews and will be encouraged to progress through the Knowledge and Skills Framework to support career aspirations.
- NHS discounts - as an NHS employee, you'll have unique access to a health service discounts scheme. On top of that there's a huge range of benefits, deals and discounts for things such as travel, shopping, insurance and finance.
We encourage interested applicants to apply immediately to be considered for short listing. Alternatively should you require further information or wish to discuss your suitability before applying please contact Helen Dodds in our Newcastle office for a confidential discussion.
Do you know someone who is looking for a new job? Why not recommend them to Sellick Partnership and earn up to £1,000?
For every friend or colleague you refer that is placed by us, we will give you £100 worth of vouchers. If you refer more than one candidate to us within a 12 month period we will increase your reward accordingly. T&Cs apply, please see our website for further details.
Sellick Partnership is a marketleading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including underrepresented and disadvantaged groups and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.