6 months ago
Fire Safety and Compliance Officer
Full time, Temporary or Permanent
£33,900 per annum
Fire Safety and Compliance Officer required to work with a Derbyshire based organisation. My client are seeking an experienced Fire Safety and Compliance Officer to join their team on a full time, temporary or permanent basis.
Responsibilities of the Fire Safety and Compliance Officer include:
- Ensuring adequate, and current, risk assessments are in place on all applicable stock (especially upon fire, legionella and asbestos)
- Ensuring that adequate management arrangements are in place, and regularly reviewed for any health and/or safety related landlord functions
- Ensuring appropriate testing regimes are in place, and adhered to, for communal services such as fire alarm systems emergency lighting, automatic smoke vents and hot water supplies
- Ensuring compliance with Building Regulations, planning consents, environmental and any other applicable building laws and regulations
- Ensuring that all works contracts managed by Asset Management fully comply with all relevant Health and Safety regulations
- Forecasting, monitoring and managing budgets
- Preparing valuations and final accounts for all contracts issued and approve invoices
- Procuring, organising, controlling and managing effective contractual arrangements for the delivery of all communal building safety services maintenance, and other activities
- Ensuring all contractors employed maintain accreditations with their relevant trade associations
- Carrying out fire safety risk assessments, and reviews of fire safety risk assessments
- Undertaking audits of remedial fire safety works and actions
- Providing technical support and advice as necessary
Required skills and experience of the Fire Safety and Compliance Officer:
- Managed contractors and consultants previously
- Knowledge of Health and Safety Regulations including CDM, Gas, Electrical, Asbestos and Fire Safety Reform Order
- Full UK Driving License
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience for the Fire Safety and Compliance Officer role, please apply now, or contact Bethan Hall at Sellick Partnership.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.